- Scanning techniques: Neuroimaging reveals brain's memory bouncer.
- Genetics: Why psychologists study twins. Twin study investigates the genetics of reading and maths ability. Behavioural genetics (P).
- Localisation of function: Left and right brain, Insights from neural networks (P).
- Influence of hormones on behaviour: Testosterone fuels entrepreneurship.
- Sex-role stereotypes: Women need female role models. Gender stereotypes can distort our memories. The trouble with doing boy (P).
- Cultural variations in gender related behaviour: Daughters of tradition (P).
- Just how representative are the people who volunteer for psychology experiments?
- Special issue on Research Methods (P).
- Defiance of authority: Milgram reproduced in virtual reality. Questioning the banality of evil (P).
- Prejudice: seeing others as less than human. Intergroup contact, a panacea for prejudice (P)?
- Autobiographical memories: Tapping into people's earliest memories. Infantile amnesia: Where did all the memories go? Autobiographical memory and depression (P).
- Forgetting: How remembering can lead to forgetting. How to improve your memory (P). Collaborative memory (P).
- Autism: Children with autism are immune to contagious yawning. The way children with autism draw people. A new therapy for autism (P). Theories of the autistic mind (P).
- Phobias: More evidence that fear of snakes is hardwired.
Cognition and the law
- The false memory debate: Fresh doubt cast on memories of abuse recovered in therapy. Recovered and false memories (P).
- Eyewitness testimony: Identifying people caught on video (P).
- Children as eye witnesses: Adults are unable to tell when children are lying.
- Socio-cultural and cognitive explanations for schizophrenia: Who doesn't suffer from paranoia? Shadow illusion casts light on psychotic experiences.
- Special issue on mental illness and diagnosis.
- The health costs of a hostile disposition.
- Stress management: Protection from the stress of being a long-term carer. Coping with stress in the workplace (P).
- Noise increases the risk of having a heart attack.
- Treatment: Alternative rewards could help the battle against addiction. Action plan - illegal drug problems and their treatment (P).
- Smokers ignore "what might have been".